Lately, I have been on a mission to try new recipes. Not sure if it’s because I have more time on my hands, or just looking to add more variety to our diet, but I have come to find out that 4 out of 5 recipes that I try, turn out well.
This Malaysian Mango Chicken recipe recently caught my eye, here’s to trying something new! Although, to be honest, I am not a fan of sweet and savory flavors together, but this recipe sure sounds promising though.
- 3/4 pound Chicken Tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Oil (vegetable or sunflower)
- 1/2 small Onion, quartered
- 1/2 small Red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 small Green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 medium ripe Green mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 dash of Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons Tomato puree, or ketchup
- 2 tablespoon Chili sauce (Lingham or Maggi)
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon A1 Steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 2-3 tablespoons Water
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
1. Place chicken pieces in a bowl, add the marinade, marinate for 10 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine the Sauce ingredients, set aside.
3. Heat up a little bit of oil in a frying pan (make sure the pan is HOT), stir-fry onions, red and green bell peppers until fragrant and slightly soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. To the same frying pan, add up 2 tablespoons of oil, place marinated chicken pieces and mango chunks, cover pan with a lid and simmer on medium-high heat until chicken is almost cooked through and mango is soft and releases its juice.
5. Remove the lid, add in the sauce mixture, stir well and bring it to a quick boil. Cover pan, turn heat to medium-low and let it simmer until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
6. Add the onions and peppers back to the pan, adjust salt to taste. Serve with steamed white rice.