These pea pesto crostini are delicious as dippers in soups. These also make fabulous appetizers.
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen Organic Peas
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2/3 cup Olive oil
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices French baguette or Ciabatta bread
- 8 Cherry tomatoes, halved, or 1 small tomato, sliced
For the Pesto
Place peas in a saucepan, add enough cold water to cover. Bring to boil, turn down heat to medium-low and cook for 7 minutes. Drain well.
Place into the food processor and add garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt (optional), and pepper. With the machine running, slowly add 1/3 cup of the olive oil and continue to mix until well combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
For the crostini
Preheat a skillet over medium-high.
Brush both sides of each of the bread slices with the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil and grill until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Spread each bread slice with 1 to 2 tablespoons of pesto. Top each crostini with tomatoes and serve.