If you are not a big dessert lover, but sometimes you crave something sweet, here is a healthy, yes, healthy, strawberry cheesecake recipe. When I say healthy, I mean, it’s not a cake or a brownie. It’s mainly fruit with a tiny bit of cream cheese and chocolate. I am sure that many of you will appreciate this no-bake dessert, especially when the temperatures outside are well into the 90s.
- 1 pint/tray of organic Strawberries (can be more or less, depending on how many people you are feeding)
- 1/2 cup of Cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 TB spoons of Granulated sugar (use more or less if you prefer)
- 1/3 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- Lemon zest (from half a lemon)
- A few drops of Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate, melted
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Wash strawberries and cut off the tops. With a small (pairing) knife, hollow out a little bit of the strawberry. Cut a tiny bit off the bottoms of the berries so that they sit flat. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Mix well, set aside. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, let cool completely.
To stuff the strawberries, spoon the cream cheese mixture into each strawberry, sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs, dip the bottom of the strawberry in melted chocolate. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and leave to set for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!