I am back! My class ended last week so I am spending more time in the kitchen now. For dinner made Russian Green Borsch. My mom always made it, but I was never a big fan…….until I started making my own. I am not a big spinach lover, but in a soup like this, it tastes really good. This is a great vegetarian go-to recipe. Easy and quick, perfect for summer!
- 3 cups of Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 bunch of Organic fresh Spinach
- 1/3 cup Organic Flat Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup Organic Dill, chopped
- 2 Organic Scallions (green onions), chopped
- 2-3 medium Organic Potatoes (any kind, russet, red, etc.), cubed
- 3 Organic Eggs, hard boiled
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 Lemon, juice squeezed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Organic Sour cream, for garnish
In a small saucepan, place eggs and cover with cold water, when comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour cold water over the eggs and let cool.
Pour chicken broth in a soup pot, bring to boil. Meanwhile chop spinach, parsley, dill, and scallions. When the broth comes to a boil, place potatoes, cook until potatoes are fork tender but not cooked all the way. Chop eggs into small cubes. Place all the herbs, lemon juice, eggs, salt, pepper, into the broth, stir to combine.
Cook for another 10 minutes until spinach is tender. Remove from heat, cool completely, and refrigerate.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and good crusty bread.