My hubby told me that he was craving coffee ice cream and since we haven’t had desserts in a very long time, I decided that this time it will be okay to indulge a little. After all, it’s Spring and the weather is sunny and relatively warm, all the more reasons to eat ice cream, right? I was tempted to buy ice cream at the store yesterday when we went grocery shopping, but I am happy to say that I was strong and walked out of the store with all the ingredients to make ice cream at home – myself. There is one problem though, we don’t own an ice cream maker! So I started searching for some ice cream recipes online where an ice cream maker is not required, I was pleasantly surprised to find lots of interesting recipes. After looking through a handful of recipes, I came up with my own version and the ice cream came out absolutely AMAZING! It took 15 minutes to make and 6 hours to freeze, cannot get simpler than that, no whipping, no churning required, just pour and freeze, that’s it! If I can do it, YOU can do it too!
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk (organic is best)
- ½ cup half and half
- 1/2 cup/4 oz strong coffee, chilled
- Dark Chocolate chunks (as much as you want)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk with the half and half, vanilla, and coffee. Stir until well blended
- In a another bowl, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Add chocolate chunks. Mix.
- Place in a 9 x 5 loaf pan or other similar container.
- Cover and freeze 6 hours until firm, or overnight.
Cook’s Note: You can add different flavors like strawberries, bananas, etc. I used coffee because my husband likes it. Enjoy!