So it’s been over a year since I have not made or eaten desserts. Not because I can’t have sweets, but because I choose not to consume the extra calories. I do three hours of Zumba workouts a week, I can imagine how much more I’ll have to put in if I did eat sweets. But, sometimes, for special occasions – such as New Years, I did decide to indulge in something chocolate-y. This chocolate-avocado mousse is super easy to make and not only that, it’s also healthy because you have dark chocolate and avocados! Here’s how you make it:
(Makes about 4 cups, feel free to cut the recipe in half if needed)
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate, cut into chunks (I prefer Ghirardelli)
- 4 very ripe peeled Avocados
- 1/2 cup good quality Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Agave Syrup
- 1 TB spoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Milk (or unsweetened Almond milk)
- Raspberries for garnish (optional)
- Place the chocolate chunks in a small bowl. Place over a small saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the melted chocolate, avocados, cocoa powder, agave, vanilla, and milk in a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (can be prepared 1 day in advance). Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.