Getting your kids ready for back-to-school? Give them something fun for their lunch box this year. Instead of just making a sandwich where you put meat and cheese between two pieces of bread, why not make it a sandwich kabob! It’s a fun way to eat!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lunch meat – ham or turkey (any kind you wish to use)
- Grape tomatoes
- Pickles (or fresh cucumbers, which ever your kids like)
- Lettuce (optional)
- Cut up all ingredients into small 1/2 inch cubes
- Slide the cubes of ingredients onto a skewer – you can buy small skewers and cut of the sharp ends, or if you are concerned for safety, you can use Popsicle sticks or even straws to slide the ingredients on
- melon (cantaloupe or honeydew)
- If you are using apples, pears or bananas, rinse them in lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Gently insert the skewer into the fruit alternating between the various fruit to add variety.
- For a special treat, include a marshmallow on each skewer.